Monday, June 20, 2011

Professional Development Plan

Colleen Larson
Professional Development Plan for Technology
Goal/Objective
To consistently continue education in terms of technology to be able to use the knowledge obtained as part of my daily classroom instruction. 
Classroom Application:
Currently I implement webquests and activities on the interactive whiteboards as a result of recent courses I have taken in the past two years.   I have also used the advice of an instructor on finding free online resources when you are in a district that is unable to fund many programs.   An example of this is my implementation of Book Adventure by Sylvan – it is a free online program where students can read the books on the list provided and then take a comprehension quiz online when completed.  It has been a great supplement to monthly book projects for my class.
Timeline:
At this point, I think the timeline for technology can’t have an end date.   Technology advances daily in our society.  As a teacher it is an area that I will always have to incorporate into my classroom, therefore I will need to always stay current and make sure I am routinely taking courses such as this one.
Evidence of Collaboration:
Technology has been a focus from the administration in my building for the last couple of years.   I find that working at inservices with other teachers is a very useful tool to bring back to the classroom.
Assessment of Growth:
A great way to assess growth in terms of technology is to use a rubric.   While using a rubric, students know in advance what is expected of them.  
Also, many sites such as Book Adventure, keep a running total of student’s performance every time they use the site.   This is a good resource for teachers to use to print the reports to measure growth as well as students to view their own performance as well.
Websites I found helpful in researching technology as part of a professional development plan:



No comments:

Post a Comment